MGMS Young Modellers’ Forum 2018
- Jonathan Shearer (Department of Chemistry/ University of Southampton)
- Francesca Vianello (Department of Chemistry/ Imperial College London)
- Timothy Burd (Department of Chemistry/ University of Oxford)
- Joshua Carter (Nuffield Department of Medicine/ University of Oxford)
- Silvia Amabilino (Department of Chemistry, University of Bristol & NovaData Solutions)
To encourage young molecular modellers at the beginning of their careers, the MGMS invites PhD students who wish to present their work on any aspect of computational chemistry, cheminformatics, or computational biology at the 2018 Young Modellers’ Forum. Other members of the modelling community are are strongly encouraged to attend this event as it is your opportunity to see these talented young modellers and to assist us in the evaluation of the prizes. There is also the chance to discuss the talks afterwards in the pub!
- This year there will be oral presentations and posters during the day, so there will be plenty to see and hear!
- Prizes will be awarded to the best presentations. Take a look at the past prize winners of the YMF.
- Lightning Talks: Each of the poster presenters will be given 2 minutes (and one slide) to promote their poster and try to tempt people to come and read it!
The meeting is free and includes lunch but registration is required. To register, please complete this online form:
If you are unable to view the online form, then follow this link to the registration form. If you have any problems registering, or wish to change an existing registration (or if you have any questions), please contact Louise Birch.
Abstract submission 5th October 2018
As an event funded by donations, we have limited resources at our disposal. We aim to make a contribution towards travel expenses for presenters but this may not completely cover the costs incurred.
The final YMF 2018 programme can be downloaded in the pdf format.
For more information contact:
Dr Louise Birch
Sygnature Discovery Limited
BioCity, Pennyfoot Street
Nottingham, NG1 1GF
Dr Mike Mazanetz
NovaData Solutions Ltd.
PO Box 639
Dr Jiayun Pang
Department of Pharmaceutical, Chemical & Environmental Sciences
Faculty of Engineering and Science
University of Greenwich
Medway Campus, Central Avenue, Chatham Maritime
Kent, ME4 4TB
- Corporate institutions interested in co-sponsoring this forum should contact either Louise Birch, Mike Mazanetz or Jiayun Pang.
Many thanks to the following organisations who have generously co-sponsored YMF 2018: