MGMS Young Modellers’ Forum 2020/21
- Lennart Gundelach (University of Southampton)
- Rhys Evans (University College London)
- Alice Brankin (University of Oxford)
- Jenke Scheen (University of Edinburgh)
- Punam Rattu (University of Southampton)
To encourage young molecular modellers at the beginning of their careers, the MGMS invites PhD students who wish to present their work on any aspect of computational chemistry, cheminformatics, or computational biology at the 2020/21 Young Modellers’ Forum. Other members of the modelling community are are strongly encouraged to attend this event as it is your opportunity to see these talented young modellers and to assist us in the evaluation of the prizes.
Because of the ongoing pandemic situation, this year’s event will take place online. However, the format will remain much the same as before, consisting of;
- 12 oral presentations (prizes to be awarded for the best three)
- 12 posters (prizes to be awarded to the best two), to include Lightning talks – Each of the poster presenters will be given 2 minutes (and one static slide to be provided in advance to the organisers) to promote their poster and try to tempt people to visit and read it!
- Take a look at the past prize winners of the YMF.
The meeting is free but registration is required, as numbers are limited to 300 attendees. To register, please complete this online form:
If you are unable to view the online form, then follow this link to the registration form. If you have any problems registering, or wish to change an existing registration (or if you have any questions), please contact Louise Birch.
Abstracts should be submitted by 11th December, 2020.
The final YMF 2020/21 programme can be downloaded here.
For more information contact:
Dr Louise Birch
Sygnature Discovery Limited
BioCity, Pennyfoot Street
Nottingham, NG1 1GF
Dr Steve Maginn
Chemical Computing Group
St Johns Innovation Centre
Dr Jiayun Pang
Department of Pharmaceutical, Chemical & Environmental Sciences
Faculty of Engineering and Science
University of Greenwich
Medway Campus, Central Avenue, Chatham Maritime
Kent, ME4 4TB