27th MGMS Young Modellers’ Forum 2023
YMF PRIZE WINNERS – TALKS:
- Peter E.G.F. Ibrahim (University of Dundee)
- Anna Jäckering (Heinrich-Heine University in Düsseldorf, and Forschungszentrum Jülich)
- Will Poole (University of Southampton)
YMF PRIZE WINNERS – POSTERS:
- Jaida Begum (University of Bristol)
- Emily Sampey (University of Manchester)
To encourage young molecular modellers at the beginning of their careers, the MGMS invites PhD students who wish to present their work on any aspect of computational chemistry, cheminformatics, or computational biology at the 2023 Young Modellers’ Forum – the 27th annual running of the event! Other members of the modelling community are strongly encouraged to attend this event as it is your opportunity to see these talented young modellers and to assist us in the evaluation of the prizes.
This year’s event will take place as a 100% “in person” meeting, at Lady Margaret Hall, Norham Gardens, Oxford OX2 6QA.
The format will remain much the same as before, consisting of;
- 12 oral presentations (prizes to be awarded for the best three)
- 12 posters (prizes to be awarded to the best two), to include Lightning talks – Each of the poster presenters will be given 2 minutes (and one static slide to be provided in advance to the organisers) to promote their poster and try to tempt people to visit and read it!
- Take a look at the past prize winners of the YMF.
Registration and Abstract Submission
Abstract submission is now closed. There are just a handful of seats remaining, so if you wish to register and attend the event, please contact Steve Maginn directly at email@example.com
The final programme can be downloaded from this link.
Sponsors and Partners
Organisations wishing to sponsor the event please contact smaginn(at)chemcomp(dot)com
For more information contact:
Dr Louise Birch
Sygnature Discovery Limited
BioCity, Pennyfoot Street
Nottingham, NG1 1GF
Dr Steve Maginn
Chemical Computing Group
St Johns Innovation Centre
Dr Jiayun Pang
Department of Pharmaceutical, Chemical & Environmental Sciences
Faculty of Engineering and Science
University of Greenwich
Medway Campus, Central Avenue, Chatham Maritime
Kent, ME4 4TB