MGMS Young Modellers’ Forum 2019
- Viivi Hirvonen (University of Bristol)
- Andrew Potterton (University College London)
- Alistair Sterling (University of Oxford)
- Marius Kausas (The Francis Crick Institute/Kings College London)
- Stamatia Zavitsanou (University of Oxford)
To encourage young molecular modellers at the beginning of their careers, the MGMS invites PhD students who wish to present their work on any aspect of computational chemistry, cheminformatics, or computational biology at the 2019 Young Modellers’ Forum. Other members of the modelling community are are strongly encouraged to attend this event as it is your opportunity to see these talented young modellers and to assist us in the evaluation of the prizes. There is also the chance to discuss the talks afterwards in the pub!
- This year there will be oral presentations and posters during the day, so there will be plenty to see and hear!
- Prizes will be awarded to the best presentations. Take a look at the past prize winners of the YMF.
- Lightning Talks: Each of the poster presenters will be given 2 minutes (and one slide) to promote their poster and try to tempt people to come and read it!
The meeting is free and includes lunch but registration is required. To register, please complete this online form:
If you are unable to view the online form, then follow this link to the registration form. If you have any problems registering, or wish to change an existing registration (or if you have any questions), please contact Louise Birch.
Abstracts should be submitted by 4th October, 2019.
As an event funded by donations, we have limited resources at our disposal. We aim to make a contribution towards travel expenses for Presenters but this may not completely cover the costs incurred.
The final YMF 2019 programme can be downloaded in PDF format.
For more information contact:
Dr Louise Birch
Sygnature Discovery Limited
BioCity, Pennyfoot Street
Nottingham, NG1 1GF
Dr Steve Maginn
Chemical Computing Group
St Johns Innovation Centre
Dr Jiayun Pang
Department of Pharmaceutical, Chemical & Environmental Sciences
Faculty of Engineering and Science
University of Greenwich
Medway Campus, Central Avenue, Chatham Maritime
Kent, ME4 4TB
- Corporate institutions interested in sponsoring YMF should contact either Dr Louise Birch, Dr Steve Maginn, or Dr Jiayun Pang.